How many staff are there in the children's room?
Koala Room : (6 weeks - 1 yr) - 8 children with 2 staff
Wombat Room: (1 yr - 2yr) - 12 children with 3 staff
An extra staff member is employed as a floater to help in these rooms also.
Possum Room: (2 - 3 yrs) - 15 children with 3 staff
Kangaroo Room: (3 - 4 yrs) - 20 children with 2 staff
Kookaburra Room: (4 - 5 yrs) - 20 children with 2 staff
Do I need to supply meals?
Yes. You need to supply your child with food and drinks for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea. Our centre encourages our families to supply health food for their children. We follow the guidelines recommended by Good for Kids Good for Life program. A copy of these guidelines and suggestions of what food to pack will be outlined at your orientation.
What to I need to bring?
It will be necessary to provide the following:
- Food and drinks for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Cot sheet, blanket in winter and a small pillow?
- Spare clothes and underwear. Whilst you may feel your child is unlikely to have a toileting accident, spills of water, paint, drinks and food may necessitate a change of clothes.
- A hat for outdoor play. Our centre has a NO HAT NO PLAY policy.
- Nappies or training pants for those who are toilet training.
Baby Rooms: (6 weeks - 2 yrs)?
- Food, bottles (formula, breast milk, milk and/or water) for morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Cot sheet and a blanket for winter months
- Spare sets of clothing?
- A hat for outdoor play.
Please have your childs name on all their belongings.
Is sunscreen supplied?
Yes. Each room is supplied with a 30+ sunscreen recommended by the Cancer Council. Staff apply sunscreen or assist children to apply sunscreen before outdoor activities. If your child is sensitive to sunscreens you may like to supply one that you know your child can use.
Do I still pay if my child is sick or on holidays?
Yes. You are paying for your childs position at the centre. For the centre to hold this position for you while your child is sick or on holidays you need to pay for the days.
How much does it cost?
The amount that you will pay will depend on your eligibility to claim a Child Care Benefit (CCB) or Child Care Rebate from the Australian Government. Please refer to the FEE section on the ABOUT US Page.